The following covenant is a commitment that our members make to one another for our mutual edification in Christ. These things are not only necessary to the proper working of Christ’s body, but joyful and dear promises we make to one another out of love.
Having been brought by God’s grace to repent and believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, and having been baptized upon our profession of faith in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, we now, dependent upon His Spirit, resolve to live by faith, and so establish this covenant with each other.
- We will work and pray for the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace (Ephesians 4:3).
- We will be devoted to one another in brotherly love. With humility and gentleness, we will patiently bear with each other, forgiving, encouraging and building one another up, exercising watchfulness over each other and admonishing one another when necessary (Matthew 18:15-17; Luke 17:3; Colossians 3:13; 1 Thessalonians 5:11; 1 Peter 1:22).
- We will not neglect to gather together, or to pray for ourselves and others (Colossians 4:2; Hebrews 10:25).
- We will strive to bring up our children and youth in the training and instruction of the Lord, and by a pure and loving example to seek the salvation of our family and friends (Ephesians 6:4; 1 Peter 3:1).
- We will rejoice with those who rejoice and weep with those who weep, helping to carry each other’s burdens (Romans 12:15).
- We will seek, by God’s help, to live carefully in this world, denying ungodliness and worldly passions. We will strive to live self-controlled, upright, and godly lives in this present age, as we wait for our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ (Titus 2:12; 1 Peter 1:14).
- We will defend and maintain an evangelical Gospel ministry in this church by supporting and upholding:
- The preaching of the Word of God (2 Timothy 4:2)
- The observance of the Gospel ordinances of Baptism and the Lord’s Supper (Matthew 28:19; Acts 2:38; 1 Corinthians 11:26)
- The exercise of church discipline (Matthew 18:17; 1 Corinthians 5:13).
- We will contribute cheerfully, generously and regularly to the support of the ministry, the expenses of the church, the relief of the poor, and the spread of the Gospel through all nations (Matthew 28:19; Luke 12:33; 2 Corinthians 9:7).
- We will always strive to be united with a local church where we can carry out the spirit of this covenant and the principles of God’s Word (1 Corinthians 12:21).
May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with us all. Amen (2 Corinthians 13:14).