We are glad that you are interested to learn about becoming part of our church family. Here are the steps:
- Step one: let us know of your interest to learn about membership. You may inform us of your interest by speaking with one of our pastors at the end of the service, or by contacting our church office, or by sending us a message through the form at the bottom of this page.
- Step two: sign-up for and attend a Membership Seminar, which is offered throughout the year upon request.
- Step three: fill out the “Membership Application” form and meet with one of our pastors for a membership meeting.
- Step four: upon approval, the elders will recommend you for membership during the ensuing Members’ Meeting (scheduled bi-monthly). At that time the gathered members will vote your affirmation into the church membership. The following week you will receive an email (or letter) informing you of the church’s affirmation of your membership.
Why do we have this membership process?
Because it is a process of integration
- Integration into a body of believers does not happen instantly
- Integration into a body of believers does not happen superficially
Because it is a means to get informed
- You will get to hear about the direction of the church, about its values, its leadership and its structure
- The pastor makes it his personal priority to get to know each new member by leading this class and interacting personally with you
Because it is a service to you
- We want you to know what you are joining before you make the commitment
Other Frequently Asked Questions
- When do I become a member of the church?
Only when step four is completed.
- If I take the Membership Seminar will I have to become a member?
No. One purpose of this seminar is to orient you into the fabric of our community. You may take this seminar and conclude that you are not ready to join, at least not immediately. That is your decision.
- If I am committed to become a member, do I still have to take the Membership Seminar?
Yes. This seminar offers both an orientation for those who are undecided and an intentional process of integration into the church community for those who are decided.
- What does the Membership Seminar cover?
This seminar covers the following six topics: (1) The Statement of Faith: What Christ-followers at PHBC believe? (2) Church and Membership: why do they matter? (3) What is A Healthy Church Member? (4) The history of Christianity and of our church. (5) Your service in the body of Christ at Park Hills. (6) The Church Covenant.
Next Membership Seminar Dates
February 23-24, 2019 (Saturday 9:30am – 12:30pm & Sunday 4:00pm – 7:00pm)
To sign-up for the seminar, click here.