We are glad that you are interested in learning about the process of becoming part of our church family. Here are the steps:
- Step one: let one of our pastors know of your desire to learn about membership. You may speak to them the end of the services on Sunday, or by contacting our church office.
- Step two: sign-up for and attend a Membership Seminar, which is offered throughout the year upon request.
- Step three: fill out the “Membership Application” form and meet with one of our pastors for a membership meeting.
- Step four: upon approval, the elders will recommend you for membership during the next Members’ Meeting (scheduled bi-monthly). At that time the gathered members will vote your affirmation into the church membership. The following week you will receive an email (or letter) informing you of the church’s affirmation of your membership.
Frequently Asked Questions
- When do I become a member of the church?
Only when step four is completed.
- If I take the Membership Seminar will I have to become a member?
No. One purpose of this seminar is to orient you into the fabric of our community. You may take this seminar and conclude that you are not ready to join, at least not immediately. That is your decision.
- If I am committed to become a member, do I still have to take the Membership Seminar?
Yes. This seminar offers both an orientation for those who are undecided and an intentional process of integration into the church community for those who are decided.
- What does the Membership Seminar cover?
This seminar covers the following six topics: (1) The Statement of Faith: What Christ-followers at PHBC believe? (2) Church and membership: why do they matter? (3) What is a healthy Church? (4) The history of Christianity and of our church. (5) Serving at Park Hills. (6) The meaning of membership at PHBC.
Next Membership Seminar Dates
Winter 2023 Dates: TBD